Building Type Basics for Senior Living
Essential information for the design of senior living facilities
Building Type Basics for Senior Living, Second Edition is your one-stop reference for essential information you need to plan and successfully complete the design of residential care environments for seniors on time and within budget.
Primary authors Bradford Perkins and J. David Hoglund and their Perkins Eastman colleagues—all experts in senior living design—share firsthand knowledge to guide you through all aspects of the design of senior living communities, including independent living and assisted living apartments, and skilled nursing facilities.
This edition features new examples of completed projects and is up to date with the latest developments in senior living design, including coverage of sustainable design, renovation and reinvention, international opportunities, operations, and project financing.
This new edition offers:
- Numerous photographs, diagrams, and plans
- A new chapter on issues, trends, and challenges for the senior living industry in the next decade
- A new chapter devoted to sustainability strategies and considerations
- Up-to-date coverage of new technologies being implemented in senior living facilities
- New space programming standards and sample programs
Like every Building Type Basics book, this conveniently organized quick reference provides authoritative, up-to-date information instantly and saves professionals countless hours of research.
By Perkins Eastman
Hardcover, 448 pages
8.3 x 1.2 x 9.2 inches
We Also Recommend