Design for Aging Review 13: 25th Anniversary
AIA MEMBERS: Remember to enter code MEMBER to receive your 10% discount.
Celebrating 25 years of the American Institute of Architect’s esteemed Design for Aging Review program, this new volume showcases 29 outstanding projects for senior citizens, including nursing homes, dementia care, assisted living, and continuing care retirement communities. Each design is presented with rich, full-color photography, detailed plans, and statistics, illuminating the high level of research, planning and community involvement that goes into these advancements in living environments for seniors. This comprehensive review of architectural design trends in aged-care facilities will appeal to aged-care providers, developers, users, and advocates; architects; and interior, landscape, and other design professionals.
- Garden Spot Village - The Harvest Table and Village Commons, RLPS Architects
- Lambeth House Riverfront Retirement Community, Waggonner & Ball Architects, APC
- T. Boone Pickens Hospice & Palliative Care Center, Faulkner Design Group
- The Grove at Pineview - Covenant Village of Cromwell, Amenta Emma Architects
- Vera Haile Senior Housing/St. Anthony Dining Room & Social Services Center, HKIT Architects
Special recognition category
- Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs: New State Veterans Home, Perkins Eastman
- Atria Foster City, Perkins Eastman
- Lion Creek Crossings Phase V, HKIT Architects
- Mill City Quarter - Abiitan & Mill City Quarter Apartments, BKV Group
- The Cottages at Hearthstone, Pope Architects Inc.
- The Hearth at Drexel, SFCS Architects
- The Heights at Mt. View, ZGF Cotter Architects Inc. (In association with Cotter Architects Inc.)
By the American Institute of Architects
Images Publishing Group, 2016
Hardcover, 252 pages
9.6 x 1 x 9.6 inches
translation missing: en.products.general.related_products